Teachers make the conscious decision to play an important role in the lives of young people during their formative years—and that comes with some heavy burdens and worthwhile hard work. But commitments to long nights of grading and lesson planning aren’t the only things making some teachers remarkable…
Some teachers utilize a very specific quality to help their students survive school: humor! After years in the school system, courses can feel never-ending and stressful. But, by being amazingly kind or clever or unique, these 20 teachers created memorable moments in the classroom sure to brighten their students’ days and stick with them for a lifetime.
1. When high school students step into a chemistry class, the first things they want to see are chemical reactions, explosions, and lab-coat wearing teachers conjuring said explosions like modern day wizards. This teacher gave ’em everything they asked for.
2. Good teachers are willing to put a bit of pride on the line for a good cause, and that’s what this teacher did! For a donation of $1 to a school-sponsored cause, students earned a piece of tape they could use to stick this teacher to the wall!
3. Eccentrically dressed teachers have a way of getting through to students, but a chemistry teacher that’s a dead ringer for Dimitri Mendeleev is a gift from the visual gag gods. It was clearly impossible for this student to resist the photo opp.
4. One goofy teacher confiscated a student’s phone and set a picture of himself with two colleagues as the lock screen. The ultimate message? “Don’t use your phone in class again or else you will have to see my smiling face for a moment.”
5. If there’s one thing that gets a math teacher jacked, its Pi Day, March 14—a celebration of the constant ratio of a circle’s circumference, 3.14. To celebrate, this math teacher shaved his beard into the pi symbol.
6. Knowing the importance of reading, this remarkable preschool teacher created her own free library and put it in her front yard. Anyone in Elk Ridge City can borrow a book from the mailbox that doubles as a front yard library!
7. This teacher was kind and creative enough to let her students show off their artistic talents as they drew on her dress for the last day of school. What a wonderful and fun way to commemorate the end of the school year!
8. When one of his students needed to take her son to class because she wasn’t able to find a babysitter, this teacher understood. And when the little boy started crying? The professor wasn’t afraid to come to the rescue! That’s a moment the students won’t forget.
9. Kids love fire and explosions, remember? That’s something this chemistry teacher used to create an unforgettable autumn lesson. She stuck a hydrogen balloon inside a pumpkin and ignited it. The explosion blew out chunks of pumpkin, making a Jack-o-lantern!
10. Two teachers used the annual yearbook to show students that, yep, teachers are people, too! These guys used their side-by-side placement in the back of the book to create goofy, joint photos to make students laugh at the end of the year.
11. The little kids in this teacher’s class will never forget how a rainbow is made after he refracted light to create one right on the wall of their classroom! Up next? A double rainbow.
12. This teacher promised to dress in a Scooby Doo onesie and bring sparkling cider to class if his students did well on a test; that was all the motivation they needed to study hard! Thanks to his students’ good grades, he was forced to make good on that promise.
13. Before smartphones, math teachers often reminded students they wouldn’t always have a calculator in the the “real” world. Well, in this teacher’s eyes, they wouldn’t always have a protractor either, so he taught them how to be extra resourceful—how handy!
14. This history teacher really got into character for her class’s unit on Egypt. Wouldn’t it be great if every professor did that? English teachers could dress as Shakespeare, music teachers could go as Mozart, and chemistry teachers could be Walter White.
15. High school students walking into home room may as well be walking into purgatory, so this teacher drew daily stunning pictures on the chalkboard to lighten spirits, boost morale, and subtly assert his dominance as the alpha artist in the room.
16. Nothing says physics like an Einstein lookalike zooming around a classroom on a janky go-kart so fast he’s a mere blur. The kids in class likely never forgot this day and the point of the lesson, whatever that may have been…
17. Instead of scaring this student awake, this remarkable teacher posed for a picture with the sleepyhead that would embarrass him to the point he would never fall asleep in class again, hopefully. Lesson learned? Only time will tell.
18. A teacher handing back essays scooped up a cat she found on campus and held her for the rest of the day. Hopefully, the furry friend lightened the mood for the soul-crushing pass back of the assignments.
19. Rather than change his lesson plans after Pluto was deemed to no longer be a proper planet, this astronomy professor commemorated the demotion with all the fanfare a dwarf planet deserves. An effective and funny way to hammer home the lesson!
20. Sick of answering the question often posed by high school and college students, this teacher just cut out the debating and wore a shirt that stated the obvious. It might’ve earned a laugh from a stressed-out student or two!
It’s going to be hard to forget any of these teachers long after their students graduate. Let’s hear it for all of the wonderful professors everywhere!
Share these remarkable teachers with your friends below!
The post 20 Brilliant Teachers That Go Out Of Their Way To Give Their Students One ‘Unique’ Education appeared first on Eternally Sunny.